Monday 6 May 2013

Nystrup Gravel's Jung ZL 114 (1/35)

The Jung ZL 114 is now ready to serve my 1:35 scale model of Nystrup Gravel. After painting, weathering and fitting of decoder the loco is merrily trundling back and forth with skips making sure the company's good quality gravel is made available for the costumers. See more images of the finished loco and building proces.
Nystrup loco no. 6 resting near the loco shed.
As I fitted oil can and bucket under the driver's seat I broke the resin gear lever (why do I always seem to break off details while finishing a model?). I replaced it with a cut down steel pin - supplied with my latest shirt's packaging. The oil can is from Accurate Armour (with decals from Plus Models) and the bucket is from Tamiya. While I was working on the weathering I noticed that the model was lacking an exhaust pipe. I fitted a small length of aluminium pipe in front of the right front axle. Most will probably not notice the pipe, but now I know it is there. The cab roof is still unglued as I have yet to find, build and fit a driver.
Ready for fitting of ESU-decoder. The Black Beetle leaves plenty of room under the bonnet for decoder and wires.

A snap shot while the Jung was in just basic paint ready for numbers and weathering. 
While building the Jung-loco I also managed to finish a Scale Link-skip and do some work on refurbishing my Sala-loco. Sometimes it is possible to do the same type of tasks on several models at a time and that speeds up construction. When the soldering iron is hot and the air brush loaded with paint, why not get some work done?
I was quite sure that the Nystrup Gravel Jung came from one of the dumps of equipment from German construction sites that were auctioned off after the liberation of Denmark in May 1945. This image was found in the archives of the gravel company. It is clearly from a 1930's catalogue and could indicate that the loco was acquired new from Jung.
Earlier posts on the Jung:
Assembly finished
Assembly started
Kit received

No comments:

Post a Comment