Tuesday 29 November 2016

Flat Wagon Progress (1/35)

With soldering done the two wagons were washed thoroughly with hot water and a used toothbrush. When the wagons were dry I began fitting plastic details like brackets and rivets. The work adding rivets is somewhat tedious. Consequently my motivation hasn't been sky high.
One of the wagons with boards test fitted as low sides and sacks with foundry sand. The drawing is my concept for a decal for the sacks. I'm slowly cleaning up the many sacks - one more boring task!

Finally I pulled myself together and finished rivetting one of the wagons. It and the bogies got primed immediatly and now awaits painting.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claus,
    Good work on the flat wagons. They are looking great. You're in the home stretch and the finish line is in sight.
    All the best,
    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, Pete. The finish has even come much nearer as the wagon is now painted and it's currently being weathered. It'll soon be time to pick up work on the second wagon.

    ReplyDelete