Loco no 11

Loco no 11

Tuesday, 18 April 2017

Land Rover Progress

Finally I have some progress to show! My model of the Nystrup fire brigade's Land Rover is now ready for primer. The kit is a mix of resin, white metal and etched brass and needs a good priming to  provide a solid foundation for my preferred acrylic paint.
Table top snapshot of the Roadcraft Models' Series 1 Land Rover fire tender.
I fitted new suction pipe brackets on the bonnet home made from left over etched metal. The fire extinguisher is a spare part present from a fellow modeller. I mounted it on a bracket made from bent up brass. It's held in place with a leather strap from masking tape. I decided against fitting any roof. I didn't want to spoil the look of a rough and simple vehicle with neither sheet metal roof nor tarpaulin cover.

The kit isn't completly assembled as some of the parts (doors, water pump, suction pipes and water tank) will have to be painted separately. The glass in the windscreen will also be fitted once all the paint is on. Decals are designed and I hope to start painting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment