Monday 21 May 2018

New Doors for the Loco Shed (1/35)

Four years ago I fitted doors to the Nystrup Gravel loco shed. I fabricated them from plasticcard and profiles. Even if I made them of a laminated construction I must face that they have now taken on some odd shapes lately due to warping. Consequently I have removed them from the shed and am now about to fit a new pair.
The warped doors in terrible close up. Such croocked doors have no place on my loco shed.

With a model railway approaching its 16. birthday it is no wonder that it takes some maintenance, but I must confess being a little surprised by the doors warping so soon. Despite my surprise I set about to make two new doors from wooden stirring sticks from coffee shops and wooden profiles.


The two old doors and the new ones in progress. Size and shape more or less the same except minor improvements.

The new doors fitted with recycled brass hinges from the old ones. The new doors have been test fitted and needs only minor adjustments before painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment